JACK RIDE SITE COORDINATOR VOLUNTEER
The Jack Ride is Canada’s ride for youth mental health. It is a family friendly cycling event consisting of four scenic routes based out of the Caledon Ski Club. Jack Ride will be held on May 25, 2019 and will bring together 1000 riders and over 100 volunteers. This is Jack.org’s biggest fundraising event of the year. All proceeds raised are directed to Jack.org’s youth mental health programs.
Join the Jack Ride Volunteer Committee and support the Site Lead in 2019 for all on-site logistics. Ideally the successful candidate would be interested in taking over as Site Lead in 2020.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
DESIRED SKILLS & TRAITS:
- Assist Site Lead with creating and implementing site maps (main site and rest stops), including plan for waste management, clean up and parking
- Oversee the set up and instructions for portable toilets, trucks, crowd barriers, tents, change tents, PA system
- Liaise with Site Lead to: Create a clean-up plan, Request volunteers for on-site and clean up, Coordinate swag transport from UCC to Caledon, Collaborate with any lead who requires trucks and item transport
- Communication and people skills
- Time management skills
- Punctual, organized and detail oriented
- Experience with mapping programs considered an asset
April and May are the busiest months especially the week leading up to ride day with site set up, overseeing volunteers, confirming bookings and finalizing truck driver instructions. Must be available on set up day (May 24) and Ride Day (May 25) in Caledon, ON.
The Jack Ride Site Coordinator will receive training related to Jack Ride and Event Management as well as experience working with a nonprofit organization.
Upon request, a reference letter will be provided upon successful completion of the position.
Interested? Please send an email expressing your interest to Hillary Poste, Major Events Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include any relevant experience and questions you may have about the volunteer position.