*APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN - SEE APPLICATION FORM BELOW*
What is Breaking Barriers Summit?
We are excited to announce the sixth annual Breaking Barriers Jack Summit, which will bring together the next generation of mental health leaders from Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and Northern Ontario to discuss the most pressing mental health issues you face in the prairies and in rural parts of the country.
Given the ongoing public health crisis, and risks that interprovincial and regional travel continues to pose, Jack.org will be delivering all fall term regional Jack Summits offerings virtually. There may, however, still be opportunity for in-person elements at Breaking Barriers, and we will continue to monitor the provincial and federal reopening plans to make these decisions. We will be updating all Summit attendees if we are able to offer in-person or hybrid experiences, so please keep an eye out for that!
At Breaking Barriers, delegates can expect to participate in workshops, engage with keynote speakers and other thought leaders, and work with fellow advocates from across their region to foster understanding, connection and community. The day will be spent sharing lived expertise and collaborating on goals and ideas, with the ultimate goal of strengthening the mental health movement in the Prairies!
For a glimpse at our Regional Jack Summits in action, check out this video here.
Questions? Concerns? Suggestions? Send 'em over to firstname.lastname@example.org
- What: Virtual Conference
- When: Evening of November 26th, 2021, and all day Saturday, November 27th, 2021
- Where: On our event application and online. More details to follow!
- Cost to attend: Absolutely free!
- Who can apply: Young people aged 15-24, from Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and Northern Ontario, no prior advocacy experience needed!
- Deadline to apply: We're accepting applications until 11:59pm ET on October 27, 2021.