Jack.org is Canada’s only charity that trains and empowers young leaders to revolutionize mental health. With initiatives and programs designed with the input of young people at every step, we will end stigma in our generation. We are currently seeking passionate volunteers with strong interpersonal skills and a keen eye for details. These volunteers will assist us with tasks that support Jack.org program activities.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Packing and distributing of materials to stakeholders
- Entering survey and evaluation data into trackers in Excel
- Updating stakeholder information in the database
- Enter data from lead cards collected on frontline. Email each lead confirmation of receipt and direct to website
- Outreach to target area schools/clubs to inform of speaker applications/openings
Desired Skills and Traits:
- Communication and people skills
- Time management skills
- Punctual, organized, and detail oriented
- Excel and data entry experience an asset
One 3-4 hour shift once per week/every other week depending on availability and program needs. Ideally, we would like a volunteer to commit to a three month term with potential for extension.
Must be able to travel to Jack.org Headquarters for scheduled volunteer shifts at 505-192 Spadina Avenue, Toronto ON M5T 2C2
The Volunteer Programs Assistant will receive training and skills related to Jack.org programs as well as experience working in a nonprofit organization
Upon request, a reference letter will be provided upon successful completion of the position
Interested? Please send an email expressing your interest to Catelyn Brett, Community Fundraising Lead, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include any relevant experience and questions you may have about the volunteer position.