For Indigenous youth, curated by Indigenous youth
- Indian Residential School Survivor Society: The IRSSS Crisis line is available 24/7 at 1-800-721-0066.
- Manitoba Metis Federation mental health line wellness line: 1-833-390-1041. Available daily from 7:00am - 11:00pm.
- Metis Nation of BC crisis line: 1-833-Metis-BC (1-833-638-4722). Available 24/7.
- 24hr Mental Health and Addictions Crisis Line
- Metis Nation of Ontario: 1-877-767-7572.
- Metis Settlements General Council (Metis Settlement members in Alberta) Mental Health Helpline: 1-877-303-2642. Available 24/7.
- Alberta Indigenous Virtual Care Clinic
- Hope for wellness line (Alberta) - Cree language: 1-855-242-3310 or online chat at hopeforwellness.ca. If you are experiencing emotional distress and want to talk this service is provided 24/7, 7 days a week. Available in Cree and English.
- Kamatsiaqtut Helpline: 1-867-979-3333, toll-free at 1-800-265-3333.
- Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868 (24 hours). Text "TALK" to 686868 to reach a counsellor.
- NWT Crisis Line: 1-800-661-0844. Available from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. ET.
- Alberta Distress Centre: Call 403-266-HELP (4357). Available 24/7. Confidential Online chat available 3PM to 10PM on weekdays and noon to 10pm on weekends.
- ConnectTeen: Call 403-264-8336. Text 587-333-2724. Available 24/7.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: Call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Available 24/7.
- Albertas one line for sexual violence: Call or text 1-866-403-8000. Available daily from 9am to 9pm.
- Aboriginal counselling services association of Alberta. Circle of safety (men/women/children): (780) 448-0378.
- Poundmaker’s lodge: Tele-Mental Health (780) 458-1884. Toll Free: 1-866-458-1884.
- We Matter Campaign
- The Moose Hide Campaign
- First Nations Child & Family Caring Society
- Dnaagdawenmag Binnoojiiyag Child & Family Services
- Native Youth Sexual Health: Mental Health Peer Support Manual
Education for allies
- 7 Generations: A Plains Cree Saga by David Robertson
- By Richard Wagamese: Embers, One Drum, Starlight, Indian Horse, and more
- Firekeeper's Daughter by Angeline Boulley
- Five Little Indians by Michelle Good
- Flight by Sherman Alexie
- Jonny Appleseed by Joshua Whitehead
- Kiss of the Fur Queen by Thomson Highway
- Mighty Muskrat Mysteries by Michael Hutchinson
- Son of a Trickster by Eden Robinson
- Split Tooth by Tanya Tagaq
- Sweetest Kulu by Celina Kalluk
- The Break by Katherena Vermette
- The Marrow Thieves by Cherie Dimaline
- The Night Watchman by Louise Erdrich
- 21 Things You May Not Know About the Indian Act by Bob Joseph
- A History of My Brief Body by Billy-Ray Belcourt
- A Mind Spread Out on the Ground by Alicia Elliot
- Braiding Sweetgrass by Robin Wall Kimmerer
- From the Ashes by Jesse Thistle
- Halfbreed by Maria Campbell
- In My Own Moccasins by Helen Knott
- Nothing Will Be Different by Tara McGowan-Ross
- Seven Fallen Feathers by Tanya Talaga (Also available as a short audible series called "Seven Truths")
- The Inconvenient Indian by Thomas King
- Why Indigenous Literatures Matters by Daniel Heath Justice
You can check out more books in this list curated by Cree author, David A. Robertson.
- I am a Body of Land by Shannon Webb-Campbell
- I Place You into the Fire by Rebecca Thomas
- it was never going to be okay by jaye simpson
- All My Relations
- Métis in Space
- Telling Our Twisted Histories
- The Secret Life of Canada
- This Place