*APPLICATIONS TO APPY FOR NATIONAL SUMMIT 2022 ARE NOW OPEN. APPLY HERE*
We get it: last year was tiring. Just as we were getting used to living virtually, we had to return to our in-person lives, and back again. We’ve had to adapt to both virtual and in-person realities this year, and it’s been just as scary and tiring as it has been exciting. It’s why we want to best support you with your mental health advocacy work as we move further into 2022.
Enter our 10th installment of the National Jack Summit. We’re keeping safety, inclusion, and relevance top of mind in planning this event, and that’s why we will be delivering the National Summit in a hybrid format, with programming and activities being offered both virtually and in-person. Of course, we will be keeping an eye on public health recommendations and safety guidelines and will make changes accordingly, if necessary. We’re beyond excited by the possibility of coming back together, and we hope that you are too!
Because we want to make sure we create the best hybrid experience possible for all of you, there are a few details we’re still working out - we’ll confirm them with successful applicants in early December. In the meantime, here are some details we are pleased to share:
A few other things to expect:
- A portion of delegates will have the opportunity to travel to Toronto and experience the summit in-person. We’ll want to ensure we have diverse geographic representation with those who attend, as this is such an impactful part of our National Jack Summits;
- We’ll be using Hopin as our event management platform, helping us create a seamless and connected experience for delegates attending virtually and in-person;
- We are committed to making the National Jack Summit experience a meaningful one for Francophone youth. In addition to making live translations available through our event platform, you can expect bilingual speakers, dedicated space to connect with fellow Francophones about goals and ideas, and other pieces of programming offered in French;
- Regardless of how you participate in the National Summit, connecting with your fellow delegates and building a sense of community will be a huge feature of this event!
Looking for a better sense of what to expect? Check out our wrap video from last year’s virtual Summit here!
- Plans and accommodations for anyone with accessibility concerns or internet connectivity issues;
- An equally valuable experience for delegates experiencing virtual and in-person components of the summit;
- Exciting programming designed around what matters to you, and that explores a multitude of of mental health intersections and modalities;
- Deeply knowledgeable keynote speakers with diverse backgrounds, identities and perspectives on mental health and advocacy;
- Meaningful connections with your fellow mental health advocates around the country;
- Wellness activities, creative moments, swag, screen breaks, and more.
If your curiosity and interest is piqued, please apply here. Summit is the heartbeat of our youth mental health movement, and that movement needs each and every one of you. Whether you’ve been within our network for years or are brand new (welcome!), we’d love to see you apply!
Questions? Concerns? Suggestions? Send 'em over to email@example.com.
- What: Hybrid conference (*Combination of virtual and in-person programming)
- When: Evening of Friday, March 18, 2022, and all day Saturday (March 19) and Sunday (March 20).
- Where: On Hopin, our event application, and an opportunity to go to Toronto. More details to follow!
- Cost to attend: Absolutely free!
- Who can apply: Young people aged 18+, no advocacy experience required, existing and new members of Jack.org's network are welcome.
- Deadline to apply: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, but don't delay!